Don’t let debt stain your credit report – The secret behind a 720 credit score
Blemishes on your credit report can cost you dearly in the long run. Everybody makes debt mistakes in their life and if no amount of help from the debt consolidation non profit and the debt management companies have mended your report, it’s time for you to focus on some smart and effective tactics that can bring big results. Adding a point or two to your credit score will not help you obtain a mortgage loan within an affordable rate, but adding 100 points can certainly help you out. The road to credit repair is always filled with best long term results and therefore you must know that it is never too late to become creditworthy. If you get started now, you can make positive changes to your report within a few months. Here are some secret steps to a 720 credit score that can help you grab the best loans in the market.
- Order free copies of your credit report: The first step that you must take is to find out what the major credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion are saying about you. It is most likely that they will speak differently about you and therefore you need to check what each credit bureau thinks about your personal financial state. Without getting a free copy of your credit report, it is almost impossible for you to take the required steps to rebuild credit score.
- Scrutinize your reports cautiously: According to studies, it has been seen that almost everyone finds an error or two in at least one of the credit report taken out from any one of the three credit reporting agencies. Credit bureaus usually update your report based on the information that they receive from the creditors and they do so without even verifying. Therefore, it is your duty to get ready to clean and polish your report by identifying the errors.
- Follow the double-D strategy, dispute and document: You must always remember that a credit report with blotches will cost you in the long run when you’re in the market for getting new lines of credit. Thus, complete the dispute form that is provided with the credit report or you can also write a letter to the credit bureaus. Clarify each mistake and keep copies and documents of the letters, forms that you have sent to the three credit bureaus. This will help you avoid any kind of discrepancies in the near future. If the credit bureau makes any changes to your report, you can get back the rectified copy of your report within a week.
- Try to solve and dissolve debt: Now that you have already hurt your credit score, it’s time to devise a new spending plan that eliminates all kind of unnecessary expenses and reduces your debt load. If you’re having difficulty paying off debts, you must be proactive in negotiating with your creditors. Call up your creditors and tell them about your financial hardship so that they can relax the terms and conditions on your loans and make them affordable for you. Repaying your debts will have an immediate impact on your score.
- Take a new card; add stability to your life: You can take out a new credit card so that it is easier for you to get back stability in your personal financial life. By taking out this credit card, you can create an impression that you are keen on repairing your credit score. But you need to make sure that you make timely payments on your credit cards this time to avoid falling in further debt. Manage your personal finances in a better way so that you do not fall back on the payments.
If you have incurred huge amount of credit card debt, get help from a debt consolidation non profit company or a legitimate debt management program that will curb your debts and make repayment easier. At the same time, take the above mentioned steps to repair your credit score and emerge creditworthy in future.
IVA – IVA.net are a leading and trusted IVA provider. No upfront fees and no extras, just friendly and ethical IVA advice. An IVA could see you write off up to 75% of your debt.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!